Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Whenever I cook the "콩국수/Noodles with soy bean soup", I don't throw away the ground soy bean, I use it either to make pan cake or "콩비지찌개 /Kong-bi-ji-ji-gae"....
Marinate the pork with minced garlic,ginger juice and pepper...( if you are the vegetarian,this is optional )..
Soak the soy beans in the water for a few hours, boil and grind the soy beans...
ground soy bean 500g (豆渣）
sliced pork 100g
kimchi ( please use the " old kimchi" instead of newly made kimchi ) 100g
"kimchi soup"/김지국물 ( this is the water after the kimchi was fermented ) 2 Tsp
anchovy soup/멸치육수 ( put the anchovies in the water and boil it for about 5 to 10 minutes) 2 cups
spring onion 1 Tsp
green pepper ( in Korea , we use the spicy green pepper ,is called "청양고추 /chong-yang-kul-chul" 2 Tsp
sesame oil 1 tsp
egg l ( add in egg just before serve while the soup is hot, don't cook the egg )l
for marinating the pork :
minced garlic 1 tsp
ginger juice 1 tsp
a pinch of pepper
seasonings sauce :
Korean shrimp sauce ( fermented shrimp )/ 새우젓 1 1/2 Tsp
red pepper powder 1 Tsp
salt ( please taste the taste and add in the required amount ,because some shrimp sauces are very salty,but some are not )
1. Slice the pork and marinate it, set aside.
2. Soak the soy beans in the water for a few hours , boil and grind the soy beans.
3. Slice the kimchi into thin long stripes.
4. Put the anchovies in the water and boil for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Place the kimchi, ground soy beans,sliced pork,green pepper in a clay pot.
6. Pour the anchovy soup,kimchi soup in the clay pot.
7. Add in the shrimp sauce,red pepper powder,salt.
8. Cook it under medium heat.
9. When it is boiling for about 10 -15 minutes, add in spring onion and sesame oil.
10. Place an egg on top of the soup just before serve.
Monday, July 30, 2012
In Korea, this is a very common side dish....
The dried shrimps in Korea are with shells,heads and tails. When we cook this dish, we do not remove the shells,heads and tails.....
Korean dried shrimps 50g
For the sauce:
Korean red pepper paste 1 Tsp
Korean soy bean sauce 0.5 Tsp
corn syrup 2 Tsp
water 4 Tsp
minced garlic 1 tsp
minced ginger 1/2 tsp
For frying the dried shrimps :
1 Tsp cooking oil
Sprinkle the sesame seeds and add in sesame oil before serve:
roasted sesame seeds 1 tsp
sesame oil 1 tsp
1. Put all the seasonings sauce in a bowl and stir well, set aside.
2. Heat the fry pan , add cooking oil and stir fry the dried shrimps till fragrant,set aside.
3. Put the seasonings sauce in the fry pan and boil it, when it starts boiling, add in the dried shrimps and stir until all the liquid evaporates.
4. Sprinkle the roasted sesame seeds before serve.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Glutinous rice powder and red bean paste are available at the market.
After mixing all the ingredients, place the batter evenly on the pan and garnish with walnuts.
glutinous rice powder 2 measuring cups
red bean paste 500g
fresh milk 140g
sugar 100g ( for me I put 70g only, it depends on your taste)
baking soda 1/2 tsp
salt 1/2 tsp
olive oil/cooking oil/ grape seed oil 1/3 cup
walnuts for decoration
1. Sieve the glutinous rice powder & baking soda together, set aside.
2. Put the red bean paste,fresh milk,sugar,oil,salt in a big bowl, blend it well.
3. Pour the no (2) into (1), mix it well and place on a pan evenly. On the top of the batter, place some walnuts for decoration.
4. Bake it for about 30 minutes, 180 degree C.
5. Leave it cool before cut it into small pieces.....
On the 17th of July, two of my friends from Taiwan visited me. These are the foodstuff/gift from them........... Thank you , my dear friends...
This is the Taiwan's famous Pineapple Tart, especially from Taichong, in Taiwan.
My friend she drew this picture for me...
Hand made dish from my friend.
This is another Taiwan's famous biscuit, they call it "太阳饼“( Sun biscuit)
太阳饼 (Tai yang bing) from Taiwan
Rice noodles from Taiwan
This is the “冬瓜茶砖” (dong gua cha zhuan) from Taiwan
This is the ingredient for making Taiwan's famous "珍珠奶茶“(Zhen zhu nai cha)
Dried beef from "jing men "in Taiwan
Rock sugar from Taiwan
Rock sugar from Taiwan
I nstant noodles for vegetarian
Dried chrysanthemum for boiling tea.
Dried bamboo leaf for making dumpling
Taiwan famous tea
"Gao liang jiu"(wine) from Taiwan
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
At the supermarket in Korea, we can buy the sliced duck meat. Must use the sliced duck meat to prepare for this dish,slice it as thin as possible.
Marinate the duck meat with seasonings......
Enjoy this dish with the perilla leave or lettuce, add in a piece of green pepper,garlic and "쌈장 samjiang"
sliced duck meat 750g
fresh pear juice (optional) 130g
minced garlic 3 Tsp
minced ginger 1 Tsp
sesame oil 1 Tsp
a pinch of pepper
soju 1 Tsp ( for me I use my home made chinese plum wine)
red pepper paste 6 Tsp
corn syrup 5 Tsp
1. Mix all the abovementioned seasonings together, mix it well together with the duck meat. marinate it for a few hours; if marinate it for overnight, is more better taste..........
2. Chop the leek into long stripe..................................................................................
3. Place the marinated duck meat on the pan , when it is half done, add in the leek, stir it well, cook it till well done.......................................................................................
4. Put the duck meat ,garlic,green pepper and "samjiang" on the perilla leave or lettuce, wrap it and eat..................................................................................................
5. Don't throw away the gravy left on the pan, put a bowl of cooked rice, add in some "김"( seaweed/紫菜，cut in long stripes) ,to mix it well, is delicious too.................
Monday, July 23, 2012
Scomberesocidae. This saury, which is a food source in some East Asian cuisines, is also known by the name mackerel pike
It is known as sanma (サンマ / 秋刀魚) in Japanese, kongchi (꽁치) in Korean, qiu dao yu (秋刀魚) in Chinese, and saira (сайра) in Russian. Pacific saury are often imported to the United Kingdom where they are used as bait for sea fishing. In the UK they are usually called blueys, possibly due to people confusing the Pacific saury with blue mackerel
mackerel pike 2
a pinch of saffron powder ( turmeric & rice are the ingredients)/黄姜粉
a pinch of salt
1. Remove the intestine of the fish,wash it and use the kitchen towel to remove the water.
2. Sprinkle a pinch of saffron powder and salt on it.
3. Grill it till it is well done.
Monday, July 16, 2012
l cup of anchovy sauce (멸치액젓)
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of vinegar
1 cup of water
1 cup of Korean " soju"
1/2 cup of Korean soy bean sauce (진간장)
1. cut the cucumber into rectangular size.
2. Cut the onion for about 6 portions.
3. Mix all the ingredients as mentioned above, without boiling it.
4. Place the cucumbers & onions in a glass ware, pour the sauces to cover the surface of the cucumbers & onions. Store in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks...
Saturday, July 14, 2012
On the 25th Feb 2012, I have introduced the recipe for cooking Webfoot Octopus with Red Pepper Sauce. Today, I cook this dish again, and I boil some of the Korean noodles, we call it "소면"/sol-meon. Stir the noodles together with the spicy webfoot octopus, the taste is good too.
P/s:The recipe for cooking Webfoot Octopus with Red Pepper Sauce is available on the 25th Feb 2012 article. For the noodles, cook a pot of boiling water, place the noodles in the boiling water, cook it till soft . Remove from the water, drain in the runny water.
辣酱八爪鱼的食谱可在 25-2-2012 的食谱中参阅。至于韩式细面条，煮开一锅热水，将面烫熟，再用冷水冲洗一会，除去水份后，放在碟上，拌辣酱八爪鱼，一起吃。。。。
perilla leave 40 pieces
sliced radish 20 pieces ( please try to slice it as thin as possible )
vinegar 1 cup
sugar 1 cup
water 2 cups
salt 1 tsp
1. Boil the vinegar,sugar, salt and water together, set aside, till cool.
2. Place one piece of perilla leave in a glass ware, put one sliced radish on top of the perilla leave; place the perilla leave on top of the sliced radish and put the sliced radish, repeat this process, until all the perilla leaves and sliced radishes are put in the glass ware.
3. Pour in the boiled water, make sure that the water must cover over the surface of the perilla leaves and sliced radishes.
4. Close the lid of the glass container and store in the refrigerator for more than one week. For me, I like to marinate it for about one month, the taste will be more better.
Friday, July 13, 2012
In Korea, we call this little pumpkins " 조선호박"/ Chosun Ho Bak, summer is the harvest season.
We call this dish as " 호박장"/ Ho Bak Jang.
Cut the pumpkin as shown in the picture.
After mixing the seasonings well, place it in a clay cooking ware.
조선호박 /Chosun Ho Bak 900g
anchovy 5 pieces
Korean red pepper paste 70g
corn syrup 50g
minced garlic 1 Tsp
sliced green pepper 1 Tsp