Tuesday, February 21, 2012
"Jigae" is a Korean dish similar to a Western stew. Kimchi Jigae is often cooked in Korean homes using older,more fermented kimchi, creating a much stronger taste and containing higher amounts of bacteria as found in yogurt. The stew is said to be more flavorful if prepared with older kimchi, while fresh kimchi may not bring out a full and rich flavor. Kimchi is the most important ingredient and other ingredients ,such as pork,sausage,tuna,tofu, it depends on personal preferences.
( This recipe is written in Chinese & English )
罐头 tuna 130g
韩式辣椒酱 1 1/2 Tsp
江鱼子上汤 2 1/2 cup （ 或只用水）
（P/s ： 可用猪肉来代替 香肠和tuna . 若用猪肉，则必须和泡菜一起炒，在还未加入水之前）
1. 先准备 2 1/2 杯的江鱼子上汤 （ 或只用一般的水）。
3. 将韩式辣椒酱和辣椒粉拌均后，用中火来炒土锅中的泡菜（无需加油）约 5 分钟。
5. 煮约 20分钟后，放入青辣椒片，青葱粒，蒜蓉，再煮5分钟即可。
fermented kimchi 300g
tofu 150g,cut in cubes
canned tuna 130g
chopped green onion 1 Tsp
sliced green pepper 1 Tsp
red pepper powder 1 Tsp
Korean red pepper paste 1 1/2 Tsp
Anchovy broth 2 1/2 cup ( can use water to substitute)
( P/s: can use pork to substitute sausage & tuna. If use the pork to substitute,then, you have to fry it together with the kimchi before you pour in the water)
1. Prepared 2 1/2 cup of anchovy broth, set aside ( or use water ).
2. Slice the kimchi,put into the clay pot ( generally, Korean like to use clay pot to cook this dish, if you
don't have, can use any pot).
3. Mix the red pepper powder and red pepper paste well,use it to fry the kimchi with medium heat ( no
vegetable oil is required), for about 5 minutes.
4. Put the tofu,sausage,canned tuna into the pot, pour in the broth, boil it.
5. Boil it for about 20 minutes, add in green pepper,green onion,garlic, boil it for another 5 minutes.
6. Serve it with steamed rice.