Monday, December 9, 2013
In Korean, we call the half -dried Pollack as "Kkodari"...
在韩文，我们称半晒干的明太鱼为 “ Kkodari”。。。
Alaska Pollock is one of the Korean favourite fishes. In Korea, we call the fresh Alaska Pollock as "Sheng-tae/생태"; dried Alaska Pollock is named as " Bo-geo/북어"; the fisherman dry the Alaska Pollock and freeze it in winter in the open air , repeat this process for a few times, then, we call it as "Kkodari / 코다리 "...
明太鱼是韩国人喜爱的鱼类之一，同是明太鱼，但以不同的手法去处理，则给予不同的名称。 新鲜的明太鱼，韩国人称牠为 “ 生太鱼/Sheng-tae/생태"; 被晒干的明太鱼则叫牠为 “ Bo-geo/ 북어"; 在冬天，渔夫将明太鱼晒干后，让牠在户外冰冻；多次重复这步骤，就成了 “ Kkodari / 코다리".
This is the " Kkodari" available in the market...
Cut the "kkodari" into eatable size..
Put the frying flour and "Kkodari" in a plastic bag. Shake the plastic bag, this will help to mix the flour and "kkodari" more evenly.
Deep fry the "kkodari" dressed in the flour..
Heat the pan, pour in the sauce...
Add the fried "kkodari " to the sauce...
Mix the sauce and the fried "kkodari" well....
"Kkodari" 400 g
a pinch of roasted sesame seeds
Ingredients for sauce :
minced ginger 1 tsp
minced garlic 2 Tsp
red pepper paste 3 Tsp
corn syrup 2 Tsp
soju(Korean white wine) l tsp
sesame oil 1 tsp
1. Wash the "kkodari" and dry it with kitchen tower.
2. Cut the "kkodari" into eatable size.
3.Put the frying flour and "Kkodari" in a plastic bag. Shake the plastic bag, this will help to mix the flour and "kkodari" more evenly.
4. Deep fry the "kkodari" dressed in the flour..
5. Heat the pan, pour in the sauce...
6. Add the fried "kkodari " to the sauce...
7. Mix the sauce and the fried "kkodari" well and sprinkle the roasted sesame seeds on it.
8. Serve with hot....
“kkodari” 400 g
姜蓉 1 tsp
蒜蓉 2 Tsp
韩式辣椒酱 3 Tsp
麦芽糖 2 Tsp
韩式烧酒 1 tsp
麻油 1 tsp
7. 将鱼块和酱料拌均 并撒上芝麻。
Sunday, December 8, 2013
Egg Tarts/蛋挞/에그타르트 Bakery
Slightly whisk the eggs...
Add the milk and sugar to the egg....
Sieve the egg and milk mixture twice...
Place the butter over double-boiler,till the butter fully melted...
Add the egg to the melted butter...
Add in the flour...
Press the dough evenly to form tart shell and cut off the excess(if any) with a knife.
Prick the bottom of the pastry with a knife...
先将蛋挞皮烘 8-10 分钟后，倒入蛋液 （ 有些烘焙者，直接将蛋液倒入蛋挞皮一起烘，而没事先烘 8-10 分钟）
Ingredients for the pastry :
flour 210 g
butter 125 g
sugar powder 20 g
Ingredients for the filling :
sugar powder 100 g
fresh milk 300 ml
Method for the pastry:
1. Sift the flour twice.
2. Place the butter over double-boiler, till the butter fully melted. Set aside to cool.
3. Add in the sugar and egg.
4. Add in flour, mix until soft dough forms.
5. Place in plastic bag, chill for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven at 180 degree C.
7. Remove the dough from fridge.
8. Sprinkle the work surface lightly with flour. Flatten the dough gently, sprinkle the top with flour too, then use a rolling pin to roll out . Roll from center to edge, in all direction.
9. Use the cutter to cut out the pastry,loosen the pastry from the work surface with a pallet knife, lay it into the tart mould.
10. Press the dough evenly to form tart shell ,use floured fingers to press each tart shell into shape in the tart mould.
11. Cut off the excess ( if any) with a knife.
12. Prick the bottom of the pastry with a fork,pre-bake the tart for 8-10 minutes, remove it out.
13. Pour in the filling to the pastry respectively, bake again for 20-25 minutes
Method for the filling :
1.Whisk the egg slightly.
2. Add the milk and sugar to the egg.
3. Sieve the egg & milk mixture twice.
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
|Seoul Cafe Show was held from 21/11-24/11/2013. If you are interested, please visit Kimchi House on facebook, more pictures are available there. Sorry for can't upload many pictures on this blog, http://www.facebook.com/house.kimchi|
This is the Lotus Flower Tea
Dutch coffee dripping pot...
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Seasoned "Bang-Peong-Namul"( Seasoned Parsnip Leaves) /凉拌欧洲防风叶/방풍나물무침 Vegetable
Dear friends, have you ever tasted this vegetable ? In Korea, we call it " Bang-Peong-Namul" (Parsnip leaves)/欧洲防风叶/방풍나물 ...
朋友们，您可曾嚐过这出蔬菜 ？ 在韩国，我们称它为 “ Bang-Peong-Namul" ( Parsnip leaves)/欧洲防风叶/방풍나물
The parsnip (Pastinaca sativa) is a root vegetable closely related to the carrot. It is a biennial plant usually grown as an annual. Its long tuberous root has cream-colored skin and flesh and can be left in the ground when mature as it becomes sweeter in flavor after winter frosts. In its first growing season, the plant has a rosette of pinnate, mid-green leaves. If unharvested, it produces its flowering stem, topped by an umbel of small yellow flowers, in its second growing season. By this time the stem is woody and the tuber inedible. The seeds are pale brown, flat and winged.
The parsnip is native to Eurasia. It has been used as a vegetable since antiquity and was cultivated by the Romans, although there is some confusion in the literature of the time between parsnips and carrots. It was used as a sweetener before the arrival in Europe of cane sugar. It was introduced into the United States in the nineteenth century.
The parsnip is usually cooked but can also be eaten raw. It is high in vitamins and minerals, especially potassium. It also contains antioxidants and both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber. It can be cultivated in deep, stone-free soils and is attacked by the carrot fly and other insect pests, viruses and fungal diseases, of which canker is the most serious. In sunlight, handling the stems and foliage can cause a skin rash.
(source : wikipedia)
This is the fresh "Bang-Peong-Namul".../fresh parsnip leaves
Blanch the ' Bang-Peong-Namul" in boiling water, remove from the boiling water when the stems turn soft.将欧洲防风叶放入沸水中烫软。。。
Put the " Bang_Peong-Namul" in your palms and squeeze out the water.Put the "Bang-Peong-Namul" in a big bowl, add in garlic,green onion,sesame oil,sesame seeds,red pepper powder and a pinch of salt.
" Bang-Peong-Namul" 150 g
minced garlic 1 Tsp
chopped green onion 1 tsp
sesame oil 1/2 Tsp
roasted sesame seeds 1/2 tsp
a pinch of red chili powder
a pinch of salt
1. Trim the " Bang-Peong-Namul " and wash it.
2. Boil the water.
3. Blanch the ' Bang-Peong-Namul " in boiling water, remove from the boiling water when the stems turn soft.
4. Put the "Bang-Peong-Namuil " in your palms and press out the water.
5. Put the "Ban-Peong-Namul " in a big bowl, add in garlic,green onion,sesame oil,sesame seeds,red pepper powder and a pinch of salt.
“Bang-Peong-Namul"欧洲防风叶 150 g
蒜蓉 1 Tsp
青葱粒 1 tsp
麻油 1/2 Tsp
芝麻 1/2 tsp